Sunday, November 18 | 1–4 pm
Sunday, December 9 | 1–4 pm
Free with Museum Admission
Experience a magical afternoon celebrating Harry Potter! Get creative with hands-on activities and crafts exploring some of the characteristics of the four Hogwarts Houses—Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. You and your family will:
- Select and decorate your House badge!
- Plan and decorate your own magical wand. Then play around with word roots—Latin, Spanish, Algonquin, and more!—to trace the origins of historical incantations.
- Join forces to add color and detail to our large-scale version of Jim Kay’s incredible illustration of Diagon Alley’s Noltie’s Botanical Novelties.
- Practice your secret code-making—and code-breaking—skills in these historical cipher activities.
- Brew your own potion (psst, it’s really tea!) using a variety of flowers, spices, and herbs, and peruse a selection of historical potion and medical recipes from New-York Historical’s Library.
Advance registration not required. This program does not include admission to Harry Potter: A History of Magic. Click here to purchase tickets to the exhibition.